Monday 31 December 2012

Day 364- Stop And Smell The Roses



I have a habit of picking up tiny wildflowers from the road, usually on walking trails or when I run. These I picked on a mountain in the Kakadu National Park when I visited Darwin in August this year. They look like tiny spider lilies and even though I have kept them in a wine bottle for 4 months now, the colours are still brilliant and have not faded.


There were a couple of occasions when I even found pots of plants, usually not in good health. There was this particular spot just outside the park behind my house that appeared to be a popular dumping ground for these homeless plants.Of course, I carried them home, pot and all.


Sometimes, I find very good use for them.

Often times, I don't.
 

But at least they are not homeless anymore.

11 comments:

The Old Maid said...

These flowers are just beautiful! And so vibrant!
As far as my flowers are concerned I forgot to add that these are used to adorn ones finger nails.. maybe that's why they were so fragile.

Happy happy happy New Year from all of us to you, dearest Sam! Many travels and a lot of joy and love for this incoming 2013!
Hugs and kisses

Kikka N said...

Happy and very Creative New Year to You Dear Sans!
Hugs
Kikka

BiWuBär said...

Help the homeless... ;O) I wonder what the people who threw away this pot would say now!

Hugs
Birgit

Sans! said...

Birgit, they will say "Good riddance!" and I will say "well, that's very kind of you, thank you :)"

Sans! said...

And to you, dear Kikka, a great 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!Hooot hoot horn horn clink clink!

Sans! said...

HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPY BIRTHDAY again, Ewalina :) 10000000s kisses flying your way. Quick, hide from the tsunami of kisses and hugs :).

Daydreamer said...

Sans, you know I Always stop to smell the Roses..... and those are wafting their perfectly Heavenly aroma all the way across the oceans!!
I do not blame you at all for collecting such Perfect Potential Mini Materials!!! This is what a TRUE Miniaturist Does with their lives... they Find little treasures to bring home and adorn their creations!!!
This Tiny House is getting better and better with every viewing!!!
I am looking forward to a New Year FULL of surprises and Treasures brought to my (Virtual) Doorstep from afar.... by Creative and Generous blogfriends like you!!!
Thank you for Sharing!
And Happy New Year.... it is still 2012 over here...!!!

Margriet said...

Happy New year dear Sans!
You're the sweetest person...giving a home to not wanted plants :-)

Ascension said...

Querida Susan
Conviertes en obra de arte hasta un flor que aunque parezca que ya no tiene vida....luzca preciosa!!!!
Buen trabajo.
besitos ascension

Ascension said...

Querida Susan
Conviertes en obra de arte hasta un flor que aunque parezca que ya no tiene vida....luzca preciosa!!!!
Buen trabajo.
besitos ascension

Ascension said...

Querida Susan
Conviertes en obra de arte hasta un flor que aunque parezca que ya no tiene vida....luzca preciosa!!!!
Buen trabajo.
besitos ascension

Blog Widget by LinkWithin