Sunday 28 December 2008

Day 13-"My Maharajah's Palace" by SuZ

MY DARLING DARLING SISTER, SuZ has finally waved her magic wand and gave me a most gorgeous rendering of a palace I can only dream of. Her genius beggars description so I now present her art:

Front Elevation-Artist's Impression (rendering is based on Win's 1st plans):

Side Elevation: (quite a bit more than Win's vision)

We sat together on my mum's dining table from about 8.45am till 2.45pm today. It was just plain fascinating watching her. I only left the table to answer nature's calls. By the time she finished the side elevation, she was truly spent. She promised the back elevation in the near future and told me there would be quite a major change. The palace will now be a U-shaped building with a splendid courtyard behind.

I know the plans kept changing and until the house is actually built, your guess is as good as mine as to how it will eventually turn out. Whatever happens , these precious , precious gifts both my siblings gave me, I will forever treasure. I am so blessed.

3 comments:

Sumaiya Mehreen said...

The rendering is beautiful! By the way, with all the detailed carvings, it might be worth your time to learn resin-casting. That way you can make a mold of one of the latticework panels for example and make multiple copies with two-part resin.

Sans! said...

Sumaiya, thank you :).

On baking clay objects, can I use a microwave oven?

And yes, thanks for the suggestion of resin casting. Will learn more about that.

We are also sourcing for craftsmen from India to help. And I will visit Chris at his workshop to take a look at his machines/tools/equipment.

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Its magificent Sans,
To beautiful to decribe.
Thank you for sharing this wonderful gift from your sister.
Nappy New year from the states Dear.
XXOO Marie Antionette

Blog Widget by LinkWithin