Sunday 30 December 2012

Day 362- A Dream About The House



I had a dream about the house.It was so vivid that I thought it was real. I usually don't dream or if I do, I don't remember much of it. This time however, not only can I remember very specific details about that house, I can recall what I was thinking and feeling in the dream. 


For example, I remember thinking how the windows baffled me. The word window is really a misnomer. They were more like 2 holes in the wall. There were no casing, no shutter, hardly a frame. I have a distinct impression that the bottom window was boarded up but it was not planks doing the boarding. I remember seeing a dirty, painted filigree cross and I remember thinking flowers. I don't really know why because there were no flowers. In fact, there was no sign of life at all. 


Then there was this birdcage hanging on the upper window. It had 2 bars pried open as if the captived bird had used every ounce of its strength to force an exit. That birdcage epitomised the state of the house succinctly. Rundown, sad, abandoned. I remember thinking, even the best things in life, through indifference and neglect, turn to junk. Eventually, they will only disappear or die.


I woke up and was surprised to find that my face was wet. The tears were perplexing as I hardly ever cry. I didn't understand how I could get so emotional over a house. I resolved however to visit the house again soon. 

In fact, I think I will do it tomorrow. Right after my Sunday morning run.

17 comments:

The Old Maid said...

What a dream!
And making this dream come true...is incredible!
As usuale you know i just CAN'T WAIT for more!!
Love the colour of your dream-house.:):)Somehow it remids me about Cracow...;)

Hugs and kisses from All of us!

Fabiola said...

Your dream house is magic!
Bye Faby

Drora's minimundo said...

Stunning the way you positioned the house. It does look like a dream house abandoned. Great, inspiring work and great photos.
Hugs, Drora

Ilona said...

Meaningful dream........Sans, this house has a whole story to tell! It looks wonderful so far, very unusual.
Warm hugs, Ilona

Norma Bennett said...

This little 'dream house' is very intriguing - please keep on dreaming and sharing the journey :)

Happy New Year to you! - I'm off to the NZ cottage tomorrow - lots of painting to do inside still but we might also launch an attack on the shed, which presently looks very much like this little house - so it's not exactly looking like a relaxing holiday!!

Margriet said...

this house just needs a little love :-)

Daydreamer said...

Oh, Sans! That is Exactly how I was about the Tree House I am building....!!! I hardly ever remember my dreams too... but this was SO Vivid!!!
Your Dream House is So Poignant... the Broken and abandoned.... yet Beautiful feeling...! And the bird cage with the Bird burst forth.... as our Dreams burst forth and Will NOT be silenced!!! I ADORE the Color you have made your Dream House.... and I want to see more... It is So Beautiful!!!

BiWuBär said...

I couldn't stop wondering about the story behind this house... what made the inhabitants go away and leave this house that is beautiful still even though it's abondoned and neglected... And I really like it when you still can remember your dreams after waking up and bringing them to life!

Hugs
Birgit

Piikko said...

Sans, this is the real dream house!♥
I'll go to sleep now..I hope I'll have as awesome dream as yours.
hugs

Susanne said...

What a lovely house this is, I adore the colors too. Wishing you a wonderful new year!
Love, Susanne

Neomig said...

Amazing story and an Amazing house!
Best wishes for 2013.
love this unreal music!
Neomi

Sans! said...

Ewalina, think Mariacki Blue ? :) It's very strange, I wasn't consciously thinking about the church when I was painting the house but now everything makes sense. 2 days ago, I just did something that may also strike you as very Cracow or rather Koscial Maroacki. I must tell you though Europe 2012 was very much on my mind for this project.

Sans! said...

Thank you Faby :)

carmen said...

sigue compartiendo tus sueños, por favor ...feliz año nuevo!

Maria Ireland said...

Wonderful enchanting house it is full of magic. Love your stories and pictures :)
Have a wonderful New Year.
Hugs Maria

Jollie said...

What a wonderful and magical dreamhouse... It must have been a beautiful place before it was abandoned...

Wishing you a wonderful and very happy new year!!
Hugs Jollie

Ascension said...

Que maravillosa historia guardare esa enigmatica casitas que te hace soñar con ella????
Me encanta disfrutar de tus entradas y tu musica que siempre me hace soñar.
besitos ascension

Blog Widget by LinkWithin