Sunday 8 November 2009

Day 96-Friendship & Fragrance

A heart is like a bottle of perfume
If you do not open it,
The world will not know its fragrance
---A Corny SMS Love Message

These perfume bottles were part of a parcel I received from Helene on 23 Sept 2009. I have admired and love Helene's creations since I met her in blogland and I have told her so , many times. She does not make many but when she does and shows them on her blog, I am always a little surprised at how good she really is and wonder why she does not make more . You will see what I mean when you look at the close up of her creations.

Flanell No. 6 is the No.1 seller of Cocco Flanell, a very talented designer in Paris. Now tell me, does it look like it is only 5/8" high? If I tell you this is a life-size knock off from India, will you believe me?

When I first saw her creations in Nora's bathroom, I emailed Helene and told her that I would eventually copy her crystal range (which I mistook for silver in her pic) because they really reminded me of vintage perfume bottles of India.

Not only did Helene make me the "crystal range", she gave me these beautiful silver ones as well. I call them my "silver holders" which I will eventually use to hold some ingredients needed to make perfume.

Here is the "vintage" range which are made from beads that do not blind you with their shine. I really love them. The littlest one on the left is barely 1/2" with the top. If only I have kept my mother's nail polish (she has immaculately painted nails which impressed even her very geeky heart doctor) from when I was 5 years old, I would be able to take the "Big & Small" pictures that miniaturists love.

If I have to pick a favourite though (at knife point), I will have to reluctantly choose the one with the speckled bottom which with the other 2 shown in the picture, will form part of my "quaint range", the vials for fragrance with a tinge of magic.

So dear Helene, thank you for your lovely gifts
and as Snoopy says to Woodstock
"thanks for being my friend."

21 comments:

rosanna said...

Really lovely, I love the matt glass bottles too, better than the sparkling ones but it's difficult to say , they are all beautiful. Have a nice Sunday.Here is raining cats and dogs, I wish it's better at your place. Hugs Rosanna

Sans! said...

Would you believe it, it is also raining cats and dogs here. And worse, my roof is leaking in 3 places!!! I have to go now to keep all my precious books and minis. Arghhh

Meli Abellán said...

Sans, they are so lovely!!I love them all, but the Cocco Flannel is a little treasure.
And taking about the weather we have such a strong wind, that even my dog is affraid of the noise!!!
Have a nice week
Love Meli

Unknown said...

Hi Sans,I was away for a short Holiday and today I'm back again,and when I opened my blog I saw that you are the one I will sent a Christmas swap! How great is that!!! I couldn't find your email? sabiha@lifestyle-interiors.nl Please can you sent me a mail so we can have contact?
Have a nice day,x..

Pubdoll said...

I aspire to "bottle fame" and "brew glory"... Perhaps I have succeeded now? Thank you Sans for the kind words, and thanks for being my friend as well!
Your pictures made my bottles look much better :-)
And since everyone is talking about the weather, today was the first day in weeks without rain, so today I finally have prepared the garden for the winter! No sun though :(

dalesdreams said...

They are all so cute, my fave are the silver ones. :)

Sunny here for a change. :)

Sans! said...

Hi Meli, I do so love the Flanell as well :). But it is hard not to love em all, right? Amazing isn't it, that it is raining cats and dogs in Genoa, Barcelona & Singapore all at the same time.

Sans! said...

Sabiha, I think I am super lucky to have got you making for me. I love your work! I just went to your site and there's no email listed. Mine is listed here on my profile.

Sans! said...

I love the rain , Helene but not when my roof leaks.LOL. And my garden is so neglected, it doesn't matter whether it is rain or shine.

Funny you should like my pictures. I must tell you, I took almost 100 shots. These bottles are really tough and with the rain, the light was really bad. But I am glad they turn out alright because your bottles look so much better real life. Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

Unknown said...

Coco Flanelle! LOL! thanks for the intro to Helene's works, they're beautiful!

this weather is driving me insane. i keep having to wait for the rain to stop to go to the post office, almost couldn't make it there today :O

that's not the worst part of the rain. it's the 'keeping-my-eyelids-up' part that's the hardest.....

dora said...

Perfect, I know the Helena, work I love.
A few precious bottles. Congratulations
A Carmen greeting

Victoria said...

Oh, I just love perfumes! Those are great! Especially the silver one, though.. I wouldn't choose which one would be my favourite:)

Sans! said...

Dale & Victoria, those silver ones can be converted to lamps as well. They are very versatile :).

Carmen, they are indeed, most precious. I have missed your posts :).

Cindy, would you believe, my roof leaked so badly , my phone line is out, my modem conked out and no more internet access from my home?? I am so maddddd!

dalesdreams said...

Oh, San how awful! :( Can it all be fixed soon??

I thought flannelle, was a new scent....

Sans! said...

I don't know Dale, the roof repair men came 5 times already and instead of mending the holes, there are now new ones. I stay in a pre-war house though and understand the difficulties. Tomorrow I am meeting the top (!) man and I hope I don't blow mine..sighhh..seriously, you should see the damage to my dining table and my paintings. My speakers already blew once! Bah!

dalesdreams said...

Oh, Sans, I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and sending you positive wishes that this is all taken care of quickly. :)

Unknown said...

holy crapola. that's terrible :( hope it all gets resolved soon grrr....

Sans! said...

Girls! Someone must have been listening to you. Slowly but surely, it looks like my roof will be fixed :). The meeting went well and a more comprehensive solution is in the mend. So thank you!

Cindy, went to cancel all my singtel subscription including LAN phoneline(hoot!) because I can't stand (sic) the fact that there are no seats for the customers at their service center. Switched everything to Starhub now (but would you believe I have to get my own wireless modem?) LOL! I will have access from tonight! *cross fingers.

Unknown said...

*tosses confetti and messes up your room* YAY!!~

paging Sans, paging Sans.....

dalesdreams said...

Good to hear, Sans. :)

zoekmachine optimalisatie said...

Really interesting post and enjoyed this article.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin